Voting & Election Information
Dates to Remember
- Absent voter (AV) ballots available - March 24, 2017
- Last day to register for election - April 3, 2017
- Last day to receive AV ballot by mail - April 29, 2017 at 2 p.m.
- Last day to obtain an AV ballot in person - May 1, 2017 at 4 p.m.
- Ballots are available daily from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. for pick-up.
- For mail, please allow 5-7 days for U.S. Mail delivery.
The Clerk's Office is open Saturday, April 29, 2017 from 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. for electors who wish to receive an AV ballot.
If you are unable to attend the polls on Election Day due to one of the following factors, you may request an absentee ballot from the City Clerk's office
If you would like to serve your community by running for office, pay attention to the dates to remember and requirements.
The City is divided into 3 wards and subdivided into 10 precincts. If you have already registered to vote in the City of Ypsilanti you may determine your precinct and polling location by checking your Voter ID card or by visiting the Michigan Voter Information Center.
View the requirements for voter registration.
Prepare for a fantastic voting experience.