- Generally: 7 p.m., 2nd Monday of each month; see annual meeting schedule
- City Council Chambers, City Hall
1 S Huron Street
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
- Zoom link for public participation: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81058207943
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- To create a model of sustainability through efforts to advocate, educate and promote the social, economic and environmental health of the community now and into the future.
- To broaden the lens and scope of energy and environmental needs in the future such as wind, solar, clean air, water and improving infrastructure.
- To recognize natural resources as chief assets of the City of Ypsilanti and encouraging responsible stewardship of these assets.
- To collaborate with citizens, employees, employers, service providers and other governmental agencies and educational agencies to share ideas.
- To create a Sustainability Plan.
- To review the City of Ypsilanti’s Climate Action Plan, Alternate Fuel Policy, the Michigan Green Communities Challenge, and other plans and policies and to continue the work of said plans and policies.
- To prioritize sustainability policies.
The Sustainability Commission will seek to create a model of sustainability through efforts to advocate, educate and promote the social, economic and environmental health of the community now and into the future.
If you are interested in serving on the Commission, please fill out our online interest form.
Term length for Commissioners is 3 years; youth members serve one-year terms.
|Beth Gibbons||Chair||May 1, 2025|
|Nancy Heine||Vice-Chair||May 1, 2023|
|Julia Bayha||Commissioner||May 1, 2024|
|Liz Ratzloff||Commissioner||May 1, 2025|
|Vacant||Commissioner||May 1, 2023|
|Bryan Foley||Commissioner||May 1, 2024|
|Vacant||Commissioner||May 1, 2024|
|Takunia Collins||Commissioner||May 1, 2025|
|Shannon Baer||Commissioner||May 1, 2025|
|Youth - vacant|
|Youth - vacant|
“SUSTAINABILITY: Achieving a balance of ecological, social, and economic considerations to provide for an equitable path for the growth and improvement of our community in the uses of our resources, remaining conscious of the historical context, while ensuring the availability and vitality of those resources for future generations."
Resolution No. 2017 - 238
October 17, 2017