With the warm temperatures ahead, it is worth sharing all public buildings in Ypsilanti that offer a place to cool off from the heat during regular business hours—wearing a mask for the safety of others from COVID-19 is recommended practice at most locations.
Washtenaw County Human Services Building (Atrium) 734-481-2000 555 Towner Ypsilanti, MI 48197 8:30 am-5 pm Mon-Fri.
Ypsilanti District Library-Michigan Ave 734-482-4110 229 W Michigan Avenue, Ypsilanti, MI 478197 9 am-9 pm Mon-Thurs 10 am-6 pm Fri-Sat Closed on Sundays.
Ypsilanti District Library-Whittiker 734-482-4110 5577 Whittaker Road Ypsilanti, MI 48197 9 am-9 pm Monday-Thursday, 10 am-6 pm Friday-Saturday, and 1 pm-5 pm on Sundays.
Hot Weather Safety Tips
- Drink plenty of water, even if you do not feel thirsty. Avoid drinks with caffeine.
- Never leave children or pets alone in closed vehicles.
- Stay indoors as much as possible and limit sun exposure.
- Check on family, friends, and neighbors who do not have air conditioning and spend much time alone.
- Check on your animals frequently to ensure they are not suffering from the heat.
- Go to designated cooling sites if your home loses power during periods of extreme heat. Stay on the lowest floor and out of the sunshine if air conditioning is unavailable.
Please, everyone, be safe and stay hydrated. For more information on hot weather procedures, visit: Hot Weather Safety Tips