Property Tax Payments
Are you in the City?Treasury can only accept payments for properties located within the City of Ypsilanti's jurisdiction. Property information kept on properties located in Ypsilanti Township or other neighboring communities cannot be accessed from this website. The following two methods can help you determine whether your property falls under our jurisdiction:
1. Consult the Boundary Map. If your property does not fall within the green outline on this map it belongs to another jurisdiction.
2. If you have a copy of your property tax bill or know your parcel ID the first one or two characters indicate which jurisdiction your property lies in. Some common ones in the area are:
If you did not receive a tax bill or it has been lost/destroyed, Treasury can print or email a new copy please call or come into City Hall with either the parcel ID or property address on hand.
For credit or debit card payments, a 3% (minimum $2.00) processing fee will be applied to each payment. For electronic check, there will be a $2.95 processing fee applied to each payment.
- In person at City Hall: You can pay Treasury at our first floor office located at 1 S. Huron St., Ypsilanti, MI. We are able to accept applications and payments from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. We accept cash, check or money order (payable to the City of Ypsilanti), credit/debit card (Mastercard, Discover, American Express, VISA). Please bring your tax bill or ticket for paid receipt.
- Online: Online property tax payments can be made here.
- By mail: For security purposes please only send check payments through the mail, made payable to the City of Ypsilanti, addressed to the City of Ypsilanti Treasury at 1 S Huron St. Ypsilanti, MI 48197. Payments are considered to have been made on the day they arrive not on the postmarked date. Please send mail payments with enough time to be delivered before the due date.
- By drop box: A drop box is located at City Hall's public entrance on S Huron Street. Payments will be considered on time if they are in the drop box by midnight on the due date.
- Bank: Property tax payments may also be submitted at the Bank of Ann Arbor and First Merit Bank. You must bring your tax bill in order for payments to be processed at these locations.
- By Phone: Credit/debit card and electronic check payments can be made over the phone at 833-440-8688. You must have your parcel number in order to make a payment this way.
Summer taxes are billed July 1st and are payable without penalty or interest until September 14th.
Winter taxes a billed December 1st and are payable without penalty or interest until February 14th.
Real Property taxes are payable to the City until the last day of February. If the last day of February falls on Saturday or Sunday, payments will be accepted on the following Monday.
Real Property Taxes
Personal Property taxes are payable at the city until May 31. If May 31st falls on Saturday or Sunday, payments will be accepted on the following Monday.
Personal Property Taxes
The penalty for Summer and Winter Tax payments made after the due dates is 3.0% of the outstanding balance.
Late Payment Penalties and Interest
The interest for Summer and Winter Tax payments made after the due dates is 0.5% of the outstanding balance. An initial interest amount is applied immediately after the penalty is added. Further interest is added after the start of each new month until the balances are turned over for delinquency.
Penalty or interest is not calculated on the administration fee.
Real property taxes that are unpaid are turned over to the Washtenaw County Treasurer for collection with additional penalties and interest on March 1st each year.
Personal Property taxes that are unpaid are turned over to the Credit Bureau of Ypsilanti for collection with additional penalties and interest on June 1st each year. For payment information call the Credit Bureau at 734-482-0445.