Finger Printing Services
The Ypsilanti Police Department is now providing finger printing services.
- Please bring your valid photo identification and any finger print cards if you were provided.
- Finger printing services are provided by appointment only. We accept one appointment per hour from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Please contact the Records Bureau at (734) 483-8777 to make an appointment.
- Ink Finger Print Cards are $20 for 2 cards.
- LiveScan Finger Printing - At this time we do not provide finger printing on LiveScan.
Obtaining a Police Clearance
- A local police clearance indicating your conduct in the City of Ypsilanti may be requested for local or international purposes. If you have relocated to a different State, you may request a certificate through the mail; otherwise, you may visit the Records Bureau to request a clearance.
- If you're obtaining local police clearance for an adoption, it could take up to five business days. The criminal history checks are prepared in "certificate" form, and the fee is $25.